I’m James Whittaker. A software engineer (front-end), designer and speaker working at Twitter in London. I’m passionate about designing and creating amazing online products that are a delight to use visually enriching.
Previously I was an early employee at a social media startup called TweetDeck based in London that was aquired by Twitter in 2011.
- Semantic, scalable and performant HTML & CSS for applications and sites
- Front-end architecture planning and execution.
- Usability & accessibility
- Interaction design
- User interface design
- Scrum agile practices
For a more detailed résumé view my LinkedIn.
Conferences & meetups
I often talk at conferences, user groups and meetups on the topics of design and development.
- Canvas Conf 2012, Birmingham UK
- Adobe MAX Europe Conference 2008
- Flash Camp London
- Flash Camp Birmingham 2009, 2011
- Midlands Flash Platform Usergroup
- Bath Camp
- TechCrunch - Christmas Crunch 2009.
I have also written tutorials and articles for industry magazines like .NET.
Get in contact
You can contact me best through Twitter, find me @jmwhittaker.